When Jay suggested making this for our Friendsgiving, I said yes to appease him, but I wasn’t that excited.
Of course it was the best side we served. OF COURSE.
So easy, even you rookie Thanksgiving chefs could do it. In fact, do it and tell people it was really, really, really hard.
Credit to Mama Aleta for giving us the recipe!
- 2 15 oz cans of whole kernel corn
- 2 15 oz cans of creamed corn
- 6 tbsp of melted butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 box of Jiffy mix
- Jalapeño, chopped (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk both types of corn, butter, milk and eggs together. Mix in the Jiffy with the wet ingredients. If using, fold the chopped jalapeños into the mix.
- Transfer to buttered 13×9 dish. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until golden brown. Tester toothpick inserted into the middle should come out clean!